Thursday, 17 June 2010

Julien MacDonald - Face. Bovvered.

Now, far be it for me to suggest for one moment that Julien MacDonald made his recent remarks in the press about plus size models being a ‘joke’ to raise publicity for the impending televisual flop which is Britain’s Next Top Model (the American version can be vaguely amusing, if you enjoy your soul slowly being sucked out of your eyes in a tornado of vacuous cattiness- but does anyone actually watch the British version?)……However, he quite obviously did.

I’m therefore not going to devote a great deal of my time to explaining WHY his remarks are idiotic (as I credit the readers of my blog with enough intelligence to figure that out for themselves).

I will merely say this: MacDonald represents the kind of archaic, head-in-my-own-posterior mentality which is, mercifully, gradually being stamped out in the fashion industry. In the meantime, he should stick to designing for Debenhams. After all, perhaps if he devoted a little more time to considering designs which would flatter real women they wouldn’t have to reduce his line by 70% every sale season just to shift it off the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment